Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Friday 31 December 2010

!Feliz Año Nuevo! A Happy New Year to everyone.

I know we'll be busy eating the traditional 12 grapes as the clocks strike midnight here in Spain so I just wanted to wish everyone a Very Happy New Year - whether you are ahead of us in world time, like my cousin and family in Australia - (40 degrees it has been in Perth!!) or behind us by the hour in the UK or by more hours across the USA - whatever time you reach 2011, I hope you find it and it finds you well, happy and with the ones you love.

The grapes thing - everyone 12 grapes each and you have to put one in your mouth with every 'dong' of the clock and eat them all before the last 'dong' is reached. I would always recommend small, seedless grapes to increase the chances of getting every last one down quickly, but I note that los abuelos have bought some pretty chunky-looking ones.

Peel me a grape... Ruy won't know to say this but I might have do it to in order for him to eat his grapes. He's not a fruity type ... but he would be even more choked if he didn't eat them tonight! So, of course, I'll peel him a grape, or 12.

Right now, away to prepare another wonderful feast. Happy New Year to you all.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    12 grapes at midnight?!
    Sweet.
    Good health, happiness, a home for you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and to you and the family too Annie. Here's to continued interesting updates in 2011.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!